Cambridge County Council’s Mobile Library visits The Eversdens on the 2nd Thursday of every month. There are 3 stops:
- Harlton Road near the Doctor’s Surgery 11:20-11:40
- The Recreation Ground 10:50-12:30
- Great Eversden lay-by opposite the old post office (down the road from Cam Spice) 12:35-12:50
- The service is free to join and use.
- Each Mobile Library vehicle carries up to 3,000 items of stock including fiction, non fiction, large print, books on CD & cassette and books for children of all ages.
- You can request books/cassettes/CDs/DVDs. They have access to all the books in Cambridgeshire Libraries. You can also request books online to collect from the mobile Library on their next visit. There is a £1 charge for requesting books.
- Any books borrowed from the Mobile Library can be returned to any other Cambridgeshire Library and you can return books from other libraries to us, so no need to worry about missing your due date.
- You can renew and order books online, please ask onboard for your ‘PIN’ to get you started.
- Download the Spydus mobile app to keep track of your library account using your smart phone.
- Books are issued for 5 weeks and you can renew for up to three months.
- Unfortunately there is a charge when books are returned late.
- All vehicles have a lift for wheelchair users or those who find stairs difficult.
- They supply free hearing aid batteries, sell stamps and reading glasses.